Tuesday, November 18, 2003

Freedom
In my quiet time this morning God really spoke to me about freedom in Christ. This is always a subject I have struggled with. I understand that under Christ's blood we are free. I also understand that God's Word says that all things are permissable but not all things are beneficial. I know that I don't have Carte Blanche to do what I want just because Christ died for me and I am a forgiven sinner. My struggle comes in finding true freedom through not sinning.

There are things in my life that have been struggles for me for a long time. I have prayed and they have left for a season only to return. I am immeidiately reminded of Paul's thorn in his flesh. I know that God is strongest when I am at my weakest but I am not sure how to harness that power when I need it most. I have said many times that as Chrisitans we have to rely on that power. I have to admit, sometimes I do not know how to do that myself.

"I am crucified in Christ therefore I no longer live, Jesus Christ now lives in me". That is a powerful statement. True freedom comes when we realize that we are not alive. The "me" that I was born as died when I was born again. Jesus Christ now lives in me. Freedom comes when I let Him truly take up residence in my heart. If He is living for me, I will flee temptation. I will embrace God's Word. I will walk my walk with fervor.

I long for that freedom. I realize that God will provide it for me if I will only let Him. When I am bound by sin's evilness, I will remind myself that I am FREE indeed because the Son has set me free.

No comments: