Monday, November 17, 2003

LISTSERVES AND THE BLAH BLAH BLAH PRINCIPLE
Okay so here is my latest entry. I will be gone for a few weeks and probably won't be able to post for awhile. I am steaming right now from some stuff on my listserve. People can be so stupid. You see I have been on the YouthPastor.com listserve since 1997 and about 3 times a year or so some DULL debates come up and it is the same crap everytime. One of these is the my translation is better than your translation debate. The list gets flamed for several days (and sometimes weeks) and we get ABSOLUTELY nowhere. What bothers me is today another "old timer" on the list tried to get all superior on me when I posted that I get tired of the babble and basically tried to make me look shallow and stupid to the list. I NEVER want to be like those people. They are the ones that make the list frustrating. I think if I was not stuck here in MAINE far from any othe YPs I would just say go bite yourselves and leave the lsit. I may get 1 or 2 good ideas in a year from the list and the STUPIDITY sometimes is not worth it!

This was my response:
BLAH BLAH BLAH ... I simply meant this NEVER gets us
anywhere. I have been on this list for like 6 years or
so now and this same subject jumps up on a regular
basis and I have NEVER seen anyone persuaded or the
Kingdom furthered by this debate. Sorry if others
disagree but I feel that way. Scripture is VERY
important but everyone can talk until they are blue in
the face and I won't change may stance (which I choose
to keep to myself) on prefered translations. I am all
for intelligent debate but once you have been here for
awhile you have heard all thearguments 1000 times.
I already studied this in 7years of higher education
and have my ideas on the subject firmly planted. So I
guess I could just sit byand wait to sound intellegent by
using saracasim but Iguess I'll just leave tomorrow
for the YS conventioninstead. This topic bites. It bores
me! BLAH! BLAH!
BLAH!

Anyway that is my rant for the day!

No comments: