Saturday, January 10, 2004

WOE IS ME!!!!

My beloved Rams have bit the dust. I am so angry at Mike Martz. I believe he should be fired immediately! It is very bad! The worst part is not so much that we lost this game but that I don't live in St. Louis and tomorrow I have to go to church and hear from EVERYBODY how poorly my team played. I think I am feeling a football related illness coming on!

I suppose in my heart of hearts I just really don't care. Football is not my life. But here (since the awful 2002 Superbowl) people do nothing but give me a hard time about liking my hometown. It can be very frustrating.

Also, this week we found out that we are definitely going to have to move out of our apartment by this summer. This is very hard for us as we have a great set-up that has been such a blessing to us from God. For one big reason that would take a lot of time to go into here, we must move. No hard feelings are part of this. We love the people we rent from and situations beyond all of our control have led to this decision.

That being said I am not sure that we want to stay in Maine if we cannot stay here. We have not been happy here pretty much ever. Living here has been the best part of being in Maine. I know that God has a plan and I am (for the most part) at peace about all this. I think God is getting ready to do something here. It is my desire that he will move us closer to home AND to a church that is purpose driven with a heart for authentic worship and evangelism. Maybe that is a lot to ask for but I believe it is not beyond his abilities. I am asking for prayers to assist us as we seek what our next step should be. I am reluctant to go the send out the resume route because we just got back from a very bad experience with that. However, if the right church came along, I would be perfectly willing to move toward seeking ministry elsewhere. SO I am praying that God will open a door there very soon.

Is moving from our apartment a good enough reason to experience this desire for change? Well I believe that God works in many different circumstances to draw us to His will. In the end I desire his will above all else for our lives. I am just praying that somehow God's will and our will can come together.

No comments: