Friday, March 19, 2004

A Bit Of A Ramble

Jasper Speaks:
First of all, I can hardly believe that I haven't written anything here in 16 days! Things have just been crazy and I have been a little undermotivated. Last week in particular was crazy with me logging over 60 hours and feeling a little run down in the meantime.

Kendra and I have had a couple of weekends away as well. Her hotel job really has its perks from time to time. Last weekend we spent the night at the Samoset resort in Rockland, Maine. It is a four diamond hotel with a four diamond dining area called, Marcell's. I think that Marcell's might have been the best part of the entire experience. It is a tie and jacket only place and it was nice to play "dress up" one night. It was nicer that the whole meal was free so Kendra had filet mingon and I had lobster without guilt. There was wonderful, soft, romantic, live piano music playing and it was way romantic. So that was nice.

We went to see one of our freshman girls in the play ANYTHING GOES on Saturday night. This is one of my favorite musicals and the school did a great job with it. I love all the songs and I would kill to play Moonface Martin. Unfortunately I am a bit vocally challenged. I can lead a worship service, but special music is up to someone else.

I had a huge problem with Interlinc Music Services in the past few weeks as well. Interlinc is a discount music service specifically designed for Youth Leaders. For the past two years I have signed up for the service at the National Youth Workers Convention. When there they take your personal credit card information and then tell you they will bill your church. Well both years I have gotten no bill but have gotten charged. The money comes right of my checking account and that is really not cool. So, I called them and let them know I wasn't happy. They sort of apologized but said "I don't know how that could have happened" more than anything. I was ready to stick it out with them when Dale from sales called me. She told me I was rude because I posted my issues to the YP listserv. I hit the roof and cancelled our subscription immediately. In a shining moment of customer service, they billed us for the two boxes that we have received (which I am not angry about paying for but SHEESH! They offered NOTHING in exchange for my trouble). Today, I got a handwritten letter from Dale apologizing and telling me that they are changing the billing system which is a good thing. I appreciate the letter but still cannot get past the fact that they would lack such basic customer service skills and call a customer rude to his face. Oh well, live and learn I suppose.

Today, I am frustrated because my van keeps drinking oil and now the hood won't latch. I am no Goober Pyle when it comes to mechanics but I can check and put in oil and I can shut a hood, but something is suddenly out of line and now it won't latch down. ARGH!!! The whole episode made me miss lunch with Kendra to top it all off!

So here I am back at my online therapy spot. In just a moment I will hit the post button and send this out into the great internet void. So then dear void, thank you for letting me blow off steam. It will not be long before I post yet again!

No comments: