Sunday, February 29, 2004

OSCAR!!!

The Academy Speaks
LOTR was a clean sweep!!! It won every award it was nominated for! It is now tied for the most Oscars for one picture ever! GO LOTR!

Jasper Speaks
I actually was a skeptic and didn't believe the Academy could do this for this film so I missed a couple. Overall I did okay. I logged onto the enhanced tv thing on abc and came in the top 6% of all people voting during the show so that ain't too shabby. For a full list of what I got right and wrong just look for the Oscar logo in my previous posts! The biggest disappointment of the night was LOST IN SNOOZELAND winning best screenplay! But I will overlook it since LOTR won EVERYTHING IT WAS UP FOR (including Best Adapted Screenplay).

After a couple of last minute decisions (but before the winners were announced) I got 17 out of 24 right of the top prizes including all of the 6 top catagories. (The top are Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Supporting Actor, Best Supporting Actress). This also includes catagories like Best short and Best Documentary and other stuff I hadn't even heard of and just gave a blind guess to!

My favorite moment was when FINDING NEMO won and the very ordinary looking man told his wife that he loved her. She was very ordinary looking as well. He said the first time he told her that was in a note in eight grade. I am such a sissy but it touched me that non-perfect people would win and that he could testify to longevity and love for his mate. You go Nemo!

well as s you surely understand the Oscars tale forever and I am SOOOOO sleepy as it is now like 12:15ish here. Again I say Go LOTR!!!

Thank you and good night!

No comments: