Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Quote For Today

John Piper Speaks:

"The climax of God's happiness is the delight He takes in the echoes of His excellence in the praises of His people."

Jasper Speaks:

I long for quality worship. I realize that worship is more than singing. I want my life to be a worship before the Lord. I want Him to take delight in what I offer Him with who I am. I am so tired of being an "ordinary" Christian. I want to live a life full of praise.

This can be such a struggle. I think we all let the day to day "stuff" grab us and control us. Truthfully, this world is not very conducive to worship. Satan is always throwing things in our way that move us from gazing on the goodness of God. Gazing on that goodness is true worship. I think musical praise is best when it comes from an overflow of praising God with all that you are. Worship is loving God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength. That means giving God every inch every minute. That is so hard to do.

I want God to be delighted in my worship. I want to please Him. If I am to be a true worshiper I must not let myself be distracted by the everyday things that force my gaze away from the object of my affection. I must turn my heart, soul, mind and strength to stand face to face with Christ. It is there that I will be able to do nothing but worship Him in His holiness. I pray that for me, that gaze will begin today.

No comments: