Monday, July 26, 2004

A Tuesday Morning Ramble

Jasper Speaks:

I am very frustrated with someone close to me at the moment. Do you ever have one of those days when you want to just say, "okay do whatever stupid thing you want. I hope you get hurt. I hope it is very painful. You are making your own stupid decision. Stop trying to seek my approval because it ain't gonna' happen?"

Maybe you haven't wanted to express those exact words but that is what I am feeling after my last IM conversation. Some people can just be so shallow. I am so tired of people who make dumb choices for their lives. I get so frustrated with people who completely know what they are doing is self destructive but still do it.

There are areas in my life where I am not someone's pastor. Our relationship is either a close friendship or one bound by family ties. It is with these people that I get particularly frustrated. It just kills me that somehow these people want me to think that they value my opinion because they flaunt their bad choices in front of me. They sometimes even get redundant with their telling me over and over that this is their life and they have to do what they want. Of course it is their life. Do they think I want it? Do they think I want to control it? No thank you. But why do you continue to come back to me time and time again just to rub it in my face that you are making a decision contrary to my advice? Go ahead screw up your life. Just leave me alone about it.

Okay, so that is my rant for tonight. I just had to get it off my chest and Kendra is already asleep. I am so fed up with this current situation. I am trusting God to come in and take care of it but it does seem that I am going to have to help someone piece their life back together --- again! I won't reveal details but please pray for this person and for me that I would know how best to minister to them despite their stupid choices!

No comments: