Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Useless Fact For September 14

The Fact Speaks:

There's enough energy in ten minutes of one hurricane to match the nuclear stockpiles of the world.

Jasper Speaks:

Well, one of my college aged students is at Pensacola Christian College which is supposed to be right in the line of Ivan so I have hurricane on the brain. Also, Kendra's company owns a WHOLE BUNCH of hotels in Florida and basically the call center has become next to nothing but, "Yes Sir or Madame, I said that particular hotel is closed until further notice due to the hurricane." You would be surprised at how many people don't realize that when an area is evacuated so are all the hotels! SHEESH!

1 comment:

The Modern Homesteader said...

Hey Jasper

I have like 6 students at PCC... everytime I hear that their building is "hurricane proof" I think of the unsinkable Titanic... Keeping them in my prayers.