Friday, October 22, 2004


GO CARDS!!!!

Jasper Speaks:

So, everyone seems to be thinking and talking about the Dead Sox and their amazing rise to the World Series. I, however, am much more happy that the Cardinals have made it back to the Big Dance! The sad part is I have to keep a low profile here in New England. The New England fans are mean spirited and pretty big jerks. That includes most of the Christian fans I know.

So, I have decided that my stock answer to people when they try and talk trash (and I say when NOT if) will be, "Wow, I am so excited for you that the Red Sox made it to the World Series". So far that has stumped these trash talkers and they are stumped because I will not argue with them. I am very convinced that these people are incapable of enjoying the game of baseball without being evil, so my kindness throws them off and they kind of make that confused sound the Scooby Doo makes when he doesn't understand something. I started a thread on the Youth Specialties Forums when the ALCS started. It only proves that Boston fans are completely clueless in their annoyance. You can check out the thread by clicking here.

The best part of this is that I will be in St. Louis whenever the deciding game happens. We leave on Wednesday (Game 4 day) and return on Monday after the whole series is over. I don't even want to go to church on Sunday because I am going to be bombarded by a lot of mean people. But Monday is my day off and Tuesday I will go into the office for a few minutes or so and then have my small group. Small group should be okay because most of the guys either don't care about baseball or are Yankees fans and they will be on my side.

No comments: