Monday, November 29, 2004

The Day After Resigning

Jasper Speaks:

Today was long and slow as it was my day off. However God has provided two cool things. One my best friend Rick (who is also a YP)called today and as we were talking he told me that one of his youth leaders is the Director of hiring for the management team at Radio Shack in St. Louis. He got us together and there seems to be at least a glimmer of hope for a job though nothing is for sure.

Then next I was again reminded that there is nothing like old friends when I called my college buddy Michele tonight. We have been friends for almost 15 years (gosh I am old) and her husband Dennis was a groomsman in our wedding. When we started talking about the fact that we are moving back to Missouri she asked if there was anything we needed. I jokingly said that we needed a truck driver. See Jasper was not given the gift of driving. I literally have a hard time backing up our mini-van sometimes. Kendra is the driver in the family. So when I said we needed a moving truck driver I wasn't completely kidding. Michele told me to hang on for a minute and when she came back she said, "Dennis is off that week. We would love to fly to Maine to help you." Dennis is an OTR truck driver and just happens to have the week we are moving off. So they are flying into Boston on the Sunday that we are packing up the truck and Dennis is going to do all the driving for us! We still have to get our car and van there but he is probably going to tow the car behind and so there will be four extra drivers for the car. I love my friends! You all rock!

So, after the long day yesterday, today is a bit brighter. Tomorrow night will be hard since it is the first of our small Groups since the announcement. I am not expecting to be hard nosed about staying in the curriculum. We will just talk and see where God leads.

2 comments:

Dennis said...

Hey man...I've been there,too. I'll be praying for you as you take this step along the way. I'll also be praying for the kids in your group during this crazy transition period for them. God bless.

lj said...

That is awesome man. I can already see God working the same way in my situation. I will try to update my blog once the cat is out of the bag. I doubt anyone from church reads it but just in case I will wait.

I'm enjoying your updates. Keep them coming.

Ps - I can relate to the lame duck YP comment. I am headed there and I dread it, but like you there are a ton of things to do. I want to leave some organization to my workers.