Tuesday, December 14, 2004

An Update

Jasper Speaks:

So, in many ways we are at a same ole same ole point. Not much going on in our lives. We are in a holding pattern. I am FINALLY starting to get calls from employers. Nothing firm has come yet but I am getting bites. I just really regret not taking the online Master's course I had enrolled in. Although I don't know how I would have paid for it. If I had taken it my teacher certification would be up to snuff and finding a job wouldn't be quite such a chore.


The Elders' meeting last night went well. Not only was it my last one (HOORAY!!!) but it was a very nice easy one. Also, I got to really speak a lot to the issue of hiring the next YP and I felt as though the Elders' valued and listening to my opinion. They voted to establish a search committee which is great because the last two staff vacancies did not have a committee. There were men in the church the Elders' thought should have first chance at the positions and they ended up being the ones they went with. By establishing a search committee at least the chance is there that they will bring someone in from the outside who actually will have ideas to bring to the table.

Tonight's Guys' Small Group was weird. We have had so many incredible studies this fall but tonight's just fell flat. I read the Bible Study beforehand and thought it was a little lame but it really went nowhere. That was a little frustrating for me. We only have one more week together and I was hoping that every week would be as good as they had been going.

So, there is where we are today. Things are still a roller coaster. I have moments of being fine with leaving and moments of near overwhelming grief. I am sure it will only get worse before it gets better. Still, I am certain we are doing the right thing. I just wish I understood it more.

No comments: