Monday, February 28, 2005

The Week Has Begun

Jasper Speaks:

Yesterday our friends Keith and Natalie went to church with us. They used to go to FBC Lemay the church that I served at here in St. Louis but there had been sometime since they last attended. They are my age and the church they were attending they were the youngest people by 30 years or so.

We all went to Sunday School together. I was a bit concerned with the theology of the class. The teacher was saying we should never pray in God's will. He says it shows a lack of faith. Of course I did not agree and spoke up. The teacher never agreed. I am not sure if we will go back to the class or not. We have not really felt comfortable there. We want to make friends at church but this class so far has not seemed to be where that will happen. It isn't that we don't like the people it is just no one has really talked to us much.

The service was the end of the church's D-Now weekend. It was my first service where youth were made prominent since we left our groun Maine. It was a bit difficult. Oddly enough I started crying during Every Move I Make. It was a standard of our group in Maine and it really tugged at me. I miss youth ministry so much. Then the idea that I was to start my cruddy schedule at Enterprise last night as well didn't help.

Speaking of that, I did my first shift last night. It really dragged by. We will see how it all goes in the long run. Ninety days of this doesn't thrill me.

That's about all from here right now. Please keep praying that God will open up job doors for Kendra and I. I am still waiting to hear from Camp Coke. We will see!

1 comment:

'neice said...

Praying for you, Jasper!!! That job sounds right up yout alley!!!