Sunday, May 22, 2005

After Quite An Absence

Jasper Speaks:

Wow! So much has gone on since my last post. The best thing is that God has really been doing incredible things in our lives. God has been moving us closer to Him in so many ways. Our new church home has become a haven of rest and healing for us. God has been convicting us to raise the bar spiritually. I am having powerful quiet times. I am sensing his purpose for our lives in so many ways.

One of the things I am learning (that I REALLY should have been living a long time ago) is that it is amazing what God will do for you soul when you aren't completely focused on yourself. I have to ask all of you for forgiveness for the selfish way I have been acting lately. This whole blog had turned into Jasper Complains and I am sorry for that. I know God has a wonderful plan for Kendra and me and we are living in the moment.

So much of our optimism comes from the support of a great church. We are still very new to
Heatland. We have not made many friends yet but God has completely ministered to our souls. He has used the pulpit ministry of our Pastor, Darren Casper, to challenge and provoke us to action. Our Wednesday evening "Power Encounter Prayer Meetings have been a place where we have had an opportunity to just be still and listen the the Lord's voice.

Kendra is loving her new job. It is challenging and a bit overwhelming at times but she has really found a career. My Enterprise story is filled with ups and downs. I am in it until god calls me out of it. Some days are harder than others but we have decided that when we travel to Maine in August, if I am still working on the phones there, I will go out on faith and leave the world of rental cars behind me. I plan on at least subbing for awhile if I can't get a regular teaching position.

So as our pastor reminded us today, God's mercy is new every morning. I am hoping to keep the blog going a bit better now. I would love to share with you all what God is showing me. Life is short, death is sure, sin is the problem and Christ is the answer.


"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus (not on ourselves) the author (creator, maker, sculptor) and perfector (completor, finisher, see it through the end guide) of our faith. Who for the glory before Him, endured the cross (because he cares for us more than life itself), scorning it's shame (because He trusted in God's perfect plan) and sits at the right hand of the throne of God. " - Hebrews 12:2 (parenthesis comments mine)

1 comment:

'neice said...

SOOOOOOOOO good to "see" you! I have been checking back and then have flaked lately and then I was totally compelled to come and see! I am glad I did!

Come share this in Gewbertopia! You are missed!