Friday, July 08, 2005



FANTASTIC

Jasper Speaks:

So Kendra and I went to see the Fantastic Four tonight. I didn't know what to expect. I had watched the cartoon a lot as a kid. Being a large guy I always identified with The Thing. I read a scathingly bad review today and didn't know if it was even going to be worth my time.

WOW-WEE! I loved it! It was a great movie. It was the perfect summertime flick. It was full of action and comedy. Not being a comic book freak I can't speak to how well they stayed on track with the comic but I really loved the story and the execution of the film.

It is very clean and has some good things to say about friendship, acceptance, and greed. I would definitely recommend the film. I thought that the performances were good. It was the type of film that did not require a HUGE amount of talent but the five leads (including Julian McMahon as a convincing Dr. Doom) were all adequate. I would say the stand outs were Michael Chiklis' Ben Grimm and Chris Evans' Johnny Storm. The two play well off of each other and their characters respectively bring the heart and the humor to the plot.

So I say go out. Get some popcorn and sit back for a fun day at the movies. This one is totally on my must have list!

No comments: