Saturday, July 16, 2005

An Ordinary Life

Jasper Speaks:

So I am gearing up for the next few weeks. It is going to be wicked busy. This time next Saturday, I will be on my way to M-Fuge. We will be there a week ministering in Nashville. Then I come back and jump right into new teacher training. I am a little excited. It is nice to have a purpose and a plan again.

We bought our tickets for our trip to Maine. Kendra will leave on the 13th and I will leave on the 17th. I really wish we could go together but that isn't possible. I am a little bummed tha Kendra is going to miss my first days of school as well. We are very much looking forward to going to the wedding. We love George and Jess very much and are honored to play a part in their marriage. I just wish I could stay longer. Unfortunately I can't. God has a plan in that as well.

So I am starting to be ordinary. I will be a teacher. Just another professional guy in the pews. Today I am a little bummed out about that.

We are off in a little while to Christian Family Day at Bush Stadium. It should be a decent time. We were not planning on going but my brother called this morning with extra tickets. It is the last season for the Cards in Busch stadium so I will go for sure. It will be my second game this year and I have tickets to a third game August 5th. That is a lot of baseball fo rme for in a summer!

I grew up watching the Cardinals and will go to my grave loving them. Some of my most vivid childhood memories are of sitting with my dad in the bleachers at Busch or falling asleep in our unair conditioned house watching the game on a lazy Saturday afternoon. We would always turn down the sound on the tv and turn up the radio for commentary. There was never a better baseball announcer than Jack Buck and my Daddy swore by his play-by-play.

So maybe I will relive a little of the magic today at Busch we will see. It is just an ordinary day. The first of many I am sure.

No comments: