Saturday, August 20, 2005

Maine

Jasper Speaks:

So here I sit back in Maine. I am at my friend Angela's computer waiting for she and Nate to get home. What a long week it has been. I started teaching on Monday. It will be a challenge. Although there have been some nice moments, I know that the first couple of weeks are the honeymoon period. I just pray that God will give me strength and the right words throughout the year.

I actually only taught three days this week as I took of the last two days to come to Maine for Jessica and George's wedding. It was beautiful. I will post pictures soon but the bride was gorgeous and the groom handsome. The wedding was speacial and I am confident that they will have a long, loving life together.

It has been odd being here in Maine. It is familliar and home like but in someways it is like watching a tv movie off a story you know really well. Tonight after the wedding Bob and Jen had literaly about 100 people over to their house to see us. It was wonderful being with people you love. Several of the youth group kids were there and it makes me miss them and youth ministry so very much. Still, there is a real sense that we made the right choice by leaving here. Although I miss everyone dearly, I know God has us in Missouri for a purpose. Even coming back and being welcomed with open and loving arms, I still know that our time here did not end prematurely. In some ways that is sad. Still, it is a relief to at least have some part of God's plan figured out.

I have an interview this week for a Youth Pastor position. I would ask that you pray that the Lord will lead that interview and will bless my time with the committee and speak to all of us undeniably about His will.

It has been a long week but God is good.

No comments: