Friday, June 30, 2006

1 Corinthians 16:13



God's Word Speaks:

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong.

Jasper Speaks:

We just spent a week at VBS talking about courage. We were reminded althea courage is important when we walk with God. There are lots of times we don't know what lies ahead and we have to be courageous and walk with faith anyway.

I saw that in action this week with the situation we just went through with Queene. There were so many times that we were uncertain of what God's plan was for her. I recall that one early visit I found her fine and very much in good spirits. We joked with each other and talked about the mission trip to Canada and her excitement about going. The next day I was visiting her in ICU. A little frightening to say the least.

I think part of the real scare in this situation was the unknown. What was causing the illness? Why had her condition changed so rapidly? I sat and watch Shola during this time. She was concerned but I was amazed at her courage. She spoke often of God's grace. She spoke often of the strength our Lord was providing for her during this difficult time. In her I saw real courage. It was courage that came not from her own strength but from the strength of the Lord. Even in the most difficult moments, she trusted that God would deliver Queene and would help them through this time.

In each one of our walks we need to embrace the courage that God offers. Whether it is a sick loved one or standing up for our beliefs in difficult times, God says, "Have courage. You can trust in me. I have it all under control." I pray that we listen to that call.

1 comment:

tracy said...

OOOOO! You're updating the blog I LIKE! *clapping* YAY!