Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Wednesday Is The New Thursday

Jasper Speaks:


So, this month there is NO school on any Fridays! Yipee! The one Friday that I would have had to go to a teacher thing, I will be in Cincinnati with Jeff at the YS Convention! Woot! So it makes Thursdays SO MUCH MORE attractive! Also, Wednesday has been the new Thursday for a couple of years now since in Maine Youth Group was on Thursdays and at Parkway it is Wendnesday but I like the no Friday angle better!

Speaking of Reality Check it was okay tonight. Worship was very good. It helps that I love all the songs we sang! Sometimes when you are speaking, it feels like you are talking to the video cabinet in the back of the room. Tonight I didn't feel like I was connecting much. I pray that what God had to say was heard and taken into consideration anyway.

Oh God, do not remain silent! That was part of our SWAT Bible study tonight (Psalm 109). It really hit me that we need to be crying out to God to speak and move among us. I think God wants us to cry out and beg Him to speak to us. I think worship could be more incredible if we made a practice of crying out to Him to not remain silent and meaning it from the depths of our heart. I want to try and do that more often.

So I did get my study guides, tests and message all done last night. I also am pretty well caught up on grading at the moment. I still have about 2/3 of the tests my Honors Class took today to grade but I will finish those during prep time tomorrow. My American Lit kids haven't turned in their projects so even though that stinks for them, it makes my life a bit easier.

My goal for the weekend is to get the cantata drama finished. I know if I put my nose to the grindstone it can happen.

I also highly recommend The End Of The Spear. I know I talked a lot about it in my message but God is teaching me a lot. There was a time in my life that I felt like I was called into foreign missions. The stories that Steve Saint tells challenge me to be sold out even here at home. Of course we say that in many ways our time in Maine was like the foreign mission field but I know we have no idea what it is really like. Sara is my current hero for answering the call to go to Africa. Maybe she'll write a book I can recommend someday. We also have dear friends from Maine who are getting ready to go to Ecuador to be missionaries full-time. They are wicked cool as well. God has placed a huge burden on their hearts for the people of that country and they are leaving family and familiarity behind to pursue God's call. All this makes me think of one of my favorite Steven Curtis Chapman songs. I leave this entry with his words. Pray and consider God's will for you today:

We will abandon it all for the sake of the call
No other reason at all but the sake of the call
Wholly devoted to live and to die for the sake of the call

Nobody stood and applauded them
So they knew from the start
This road would not lead to fame
All they really knew for sure
Was Jesus had called to them
He said "come follow Me" and they came
With reckless abandon, they came

Empty nets lying there at the water's edge
Told a story that few could believe
And none could explain
How some crazy fisherman agreed to go where Jesus went
With no thought to what they would gain
For Jesus had called them by name
And they answered...

We will abandon it all for the sake of the call
No other reason at all but the sake of the call
Wholly devoted to live and to die for the sake of the call
The sake of the call

Drawn like the rivers are drawn to the sea
There's no turning back, for the water cannot help but flow
Once we hear the Savior's call, we'll follow wherever He leads
Because of the love He has shown
And because He has called us to go
We will answer...

We will abandon it all for the sake of the call
No other reason at all but the sake of the call
Wholly devoted to live and to die

Not for the sake of a creed or a cause
Not for a dream or a promise
Simply because it is Jesus who called
And if we believe we'll obey

We will abandon it all for the sake of the call
No other reason at all but the sake of the call
We will abandon it all for the sake of the call
No other reason at all but the sake of the call
Wholly devoted to live and to die for the sake of the call
For the sake of the call!

No comments: