Sunday, January 07, 2007

Life Support

Jasper Speaks:


Well Charter stinks and those of you in St. Louis probably know that already. It is one of the worst run companies in the country and because of its REALLY BAD customer service we are ending are affiliation with them for now at least. The bad part is that we have our home phone, our internet and our tv all through them so as of Wednesday, all three will be in the past. We just can't take the issues with them anymore. So, for at least a couple of weeks, I won't have internet at home. We will have to get home phone service to get the internet back so we will probably be getting back to AT&T who we weren't overly happy with the last time. I hate that there is so little competition in these areas. What happened to deregulation?

Anyhow, I am not sure yet how this will affect blogging. I have three other outlets and I am hoping I can stay on top that way. It won't be easy and I will be going through media withdraw BIG TIME. I am hoping we will read more, scrapbook and play games. It may be a bit Little House On The Prairie but I think it may be good for us.

We have had a good weekend. Friday night we spent with the Wardens who are like our second family. Ann, Mel and Josh came over and we just talked a lot with Benchwarmers on in the background. Good times. We love them a lot.

Last night we visited with Missy and Eric Haas. Missy was Kendra's suite mate her freshmen year of college. She and Eric were in my friend Rick Tucker's first youth group so I have kind of known them since they were eight graders. Yeah, a constant reminder of how I robbed the cradle. We played spades (Kendra an I won in an unbelievable last hand) and Apples to Apples. It was a good time and a good reminder that Kendra does have normal friends. Missy and Eric are both school teachers so there is a lot of common talk as well.

Today I got to play the apostle John at church. I got to interrupt Keith sermon and do a quick monologue. It was fun. I like being somewhere that I can use my abilities in neat ways for God. Then Bestsy came back tonight! YEA! Victor, Theresa and Jessi met us at the Sheraton and we all took her out to dinner at Bandana's. We stayed for like two hours and were way loud. It was a lot of fun.

I talked to my friend Tracy on the way home. She is having surgery next Monday that could take seven or eight hours. It is a recurring problem and she had a lot of complications the last time. That makes me sad. She is one of my FAVORITE people in the world and I wish she would get better. So, if you have a second, please pray for her!


Back to school tomorrow. Hopefully in a couple of days the van will be ready and we won't have to car pool anymore. We'll see. All in all it has been a good weekend. God has reminded me that he is WAY TOO good to me by providing so many GREAT friends. I am blessed beyond measure and it has been wonderful to spend time with these special gifts from God this weekend.



No comments: