Saturday, December 23, 2006

You'll See

Jasper Speaks:

So, I am SO bad about presents. I have the hardest time NOT telling people what I got them. This is why I have to do most of my shopping the week before Christmas. I suck at keeping presents a secret. I haven't slipped this season yet but I have gotten close.


So Kendra ALREADY lost the cool earrings. Grrrr.
I am in the middle of nowhere. I mean seriously. If nowhere has a center point, Brrokfield, Missouri is definitely it! My wife's family is obsessed with playing cards. This is an obsession I do not share. It makes Kendra sad but my parents are OLD SOUTHERN BAPTISTS and though they are better now, when I was a kid my mom would actually say, "I'd rather have a bottle of whiskey in my house than a deck of cards". Seriously. Unfortunately we never had either. If we had whiskey bad holidays may have at least been more interesting. They are not like that anymore but cards were pretty controversial in my house during the formative years. So, Bridge is not my idea of a good time. Again, it makes Kendra sad but she is playing a marathon tourney with my mother-in-law and sister-in-law. Tonight is the family Christmas time. I am looking forward to seeing in laws. This is an oddity for me. Never had a lot of affinity for inlaws. I really like my brother-in-law Tim. I wish we lived close to each other because I am sure we could be REALLY good friends if we did. My niece Kristen cracks me up. I am looking forward to seeing her tonight. She makes the yuletide bright! Actually all my nieces and nephews on both sides are awesome. But Kristen is SO funny! I like funny! I am so going back to the gym after this week. I am sick of feeling bad and eating crap. Not actual crap, just bad foods. I wish Santa would bring cash. If I knew he would give me enough to pay off my student loan debt, I would be REALLY, REALLY good all year! Homemade candy is the devil. Is it sad that I am looking forward to the daily Wal-mart trip for excitement? Birthday of the King is by far my favorite Christmas carol. Thou Didst Leave Thy Throne rocks too. It is odd to use the word Thou and rocks in the same sentence. So, really, God coming to earth. That is a pretty cool thing to celebrate!

No comments: