Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Another Day

Jasper Speaks:

So, I went back to the gym last night. It was like the first time in over a week. It is amazing that my key card still worked.


School today is so far so good. There has only been one class. Now I am on my break. I have a lot of grading to do but ... here I am instead.


Looking forward to Reality Check tonight. I am uber excited that the students are leading in worship through music tonight. I personally think the students God has given to us in this area ROCK and it will be great to see God use them tonight.


I have been thinking a lot today about how God uses those who are willing. I am reading through the Old Testament and I am struck by how people simply had to be willing to be used and God did AMAZING things. I have to believe that this phenomenon was not just for ancient times. I have to believe that God is still seeking to use willing men and women to do amazing things for Him today. I fear that I may limit God a bit in my own walk. Am I really willing to do whatever he asks? Sometimes I try to slide by and do what he wants but complain about it all the way. I don't think that is the type of sacrifice He is asking for me to make. I want to do AMAZING things. Just think how incredible things would be in this world if every Christian we know would just totally have a willing heart to do whatever God wanted us to do. Even when it hurts. I have a quote from "My Utmost For His Highest" on my desk here at school. It says something to the effect of, "If by breaking your heart God is able to accomplish His purpose in the world, thank God for your broken heart." I try to remember that in my complaining days. It is deep. It helps me to remember that ALL that happens in my life is about God and not me. I am only a vessel. He is the One for whom I should be doing all that I do. If I live in this manner of willingness God will do AMAZING things.


Have an AMAZING day.


coaster1


No comments: