Tuesday, February 06, 2007

La Vie Boheme!

Jasper Speaks:

So, Small Group was pretty great last night. I had a really good time. I can't wait to see all that God will do over the next few months. It was exciting. Prayer requests that included a donkey story --- that is so a first! Jeff G. was there too and that was tight!

It has been a really good few days. In the midst of a lot of tragedy all around us, God has been good. We have had some awesome friend times and church stuff has been really rewarding. Then I am still beaming over the band doing so well in Ohio. I even had a good day at school yesterday. It is amazing how a different combination of kids can change the whole feel of a class. Oddly, even the sub freezing temperatures, MORE STINKIN' SNOW, and being a half an hour late for school this morning haven't even been able to pull me down. I like being in a good mood for a change.

On a more depressing note, one of my cousins passed away Sunday night. His mother (my Aunt Betty) has lost three husbands and both her children in her lifetime. A fourth husband was sent to prison. She is an incredible person. She just keeps persevering and trusting God. Absolutely amazing. Also, my favorite Aunt (Lou) on my dad's side is in ICU and is not expected to make it very much longer. That will entail a trip to Kentucky with the folks for the funeral. Not a fun excuse for a road trip.

Still, God is good all the time. I am expecting to grow, investing in significant relationships,.and trying to value life over just existing. It is all about trying to have a well lived life. It can be an amazing road with lots of twists and turns all around us but it is INCREDIBLE to know God is in control of the pathway. He delights in watching our response to all that happens. I pray today, that I am responding well. I pray that you are too.

winding

No comments: