Friday, November 30, 2007

Currently Watching
Dead Poets Society
By Robin Williams, Robert Sean Leonard, Ethan Hawke, Josh Charles, Gale Hansen
see related
Jasper Speaks:

It has been such a good week! Really it has been the one of the best I have had in a long time. I think that the time off over Thanksgiving really helped to recharge me. The latest cool thing God did was that our van (old clunker that it is) had failed it's emissions inspection which we needed to retag it. They told us it would be at least $500 to fix. UG! $500 we don't have. So we were going to charge it and suck it up. Then yesterday when I called to see what had been done, they said after driving the van around some, the test results showed that there was NOTHING wrong! WOOT! God is WAY TOO good to me.

I have also been really convicted and challenged by listening to Casting Crowns CD The Altar and the Door. I have had it for a long time but just recently REALLY listened to some of the lyrics that had passed me by quickly. WOW! God is using it in my life to convict me of where I fall short. There is such a gap between where we are and where He is. It's a healthy realization to make and I am praying that God will help me fill the void more and more.

I can't believe tomorrow is December. We only have 14 days of school left this semester. There is a lot to do but in the end I am very glad we are winding down. It has been a really good week of school this week but it is nice to know that a two week break is on the horizon!

My students Xanga for extra credit and I check these every couple of days. Here is what one kid wrote on Wednesday after I taught my favorite lesson of the year:

"American Lit was the best class i had today. the was lesson was the best one i ever had. it wasnt boring or dumb. i really enjoy when teachers try to relate things that they are teaching to music that their students listen too. todays homework was differcult for me because i have so many songs in my mind that i think are great. the first song that came to mind to me was Common Sense now known as common now I used to love H.E.R. then i was thinking about songs from 2pac, jay-z, notorious b.i.g. and nas. all these artists are my favorites and i really like how the choose their words carefully. well i guess am going to do my homework now."

That is cool!

No comments: