Friday, September 28, 2007
I did not want to get out of bed! I stopped and got yummy asiago cheese bagels rom St. Louis Bread Co. (Panera for those of you not in the Lou) and it was very good. Got coffee too. Can't function at zero hour without coffee. I am getting addicted.
Jackson has been weird lately. I don't think they are feeding him at daycare very well. He is so grumpy at night. I think some of it has to do with our schedules and how crazy life is as well. He seems to be better when we are all together at home for a long amount of time. But that hardly ever happens.
Thursday, September 27, 2007
It is amazing to me how God uses us even in spite of ourselves. I wasn't having a great day yesterday. I really felt like I was going through the motions. I went to school, went to church, and got things ready for youth group. The Se You At The Pole reports went well. Then --- boom! God does a God thing. I was able to lead a student to Christ!
Anthony, a high school freshman, who has ben coming to a lot of our functions for awhile now with ahis friend, Jeremy, wanted to talk to me about geting baptized. As we began the coversation in my office, it was quickly evident that he did not know that there had to be a step towards salvation beofer getting baptized. I was able to share my own testimony with him as well as the Roman Road, and then he prayed and asked Jesus to be his boss!
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! How cool is it that I get to do this?
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
So I am on a list to get a thing for Pastor's called, "Monday Morning Insights". I got it this morning and HAD to share this with you guys:
19. “Looking at you makes me reconsider preterism, because you are heaven on earth.”
18. “Paul said that it was better to marry than to burn. Therefore, I am under God’s mandate to marry you.”
17. “Here, let me take care of those tithes.”
16. “You may not have chosen me, but I have chosen you.”
15. “I could not help but notice you were exegeting me instead of the text during the sermon.”
14. ”Your name must be grace, because you are irresistible.”
13. ”There are six things that motivate me to talk to you, yea seven that turned my head.”
12. “Until this moment, I thought I had the gift of singleness.”
11. During communion say, “Can I get you another drink.”
10. “The Bible says that God is not concerned with outer appearance . . . neither should you.”
9. “The Good Book said that I might be visited by angels unaware, but something must be wrong with my interpretation, because I am perfectly aware of you.”
8. “I noticed you crying during alter call, can I help?”
7. While giving her a TULIP say, ”This Totally depraved person has been Unconditionally drawn to you, Limiting himself to your Irresistible beauty that is Persevering beyond all others.”
6. “God may be the bread of life, but you are the butter.”
5. “The site of you leaves me apophatic.”
4. “Well, gouge out my eyes and cut off my hands. If I hang around you much longer, I won’t have any limbs left.”
3. “You must have missed The Fall line, because you are lookin’ righteous.”
2. Sing this to the tune of George Strait’s “Chair”: “Excuse me, but I think you’ve got my rib.”
1. “Are you homo or homoi?”
Crack me up!
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
The Crucible (Penguin Classics)
By Arthur Miller
So, the schedule finally caught up with me. last night Jackson and I were in the basement (Kendra was at MOPS) and he crawled into my arms at about 7:00PM and the finger went into his mouth immediately. Within three or four minutes we had both dozed off. I woke up just as the first person got voted off Survivor (about 7:50 or so) and stumbled up the steps and put Jackson in his crib and fell into bed myself. He was up coughing about 10:30 and came into the bed with us.
This morning at 4:30 (my alarm goes off at 4:45), Jackson is up and ready to start the day. I like getting so much sleep but I am not happy when I have a baby sitting next to me, indian style, and hitting me in the face over and over again while slobbering down his shirt and dripping saliva all over me while singing out in a normally cute but piercingly high pitch song as my wake up call. Kendra put him back in bed where he screamed so loud I didn't get those fifteen minutes back! Oh well!
Kendra's birthday party is tomorrow. I am pretty excited. It will be a strange cross section of family and friends. Should be very nice to get everyone together.