Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Currently Reading
Great Gatsby
By F. Scott Fitzgerald
see related

Jasper Speaks:


Thanks again for your continued prayers. Mom's IV that was inserted into her neck became clogged yesterday resulting in the need to make a decision about her further care. The renal doctor told us that they can reinsert the IV on the other side of her neck and continue the dialysis or they could leave it out and do nothing. If they did nothing, they would expect that she would only survive a few days. My father and my Uncle Harold (my mom's brother and my favorite Uncle) asked Mom if it would be okay to reinsert the IV and she told them yes. I can't imagine that if she is bad enough to only survive a few days without the treatments that she will go very long even with them. That is a difficult thing but I know that God is in control of all our days.
My sister, Darla, was with mom and dad last night and mom became very lucid. Darla sat with them as the reminisced about how they met and fell in love and on their 55 years together. It was a tender moment. Dad slept at the hospital last night at my mother's request. Please pray for him. This is a very difficult time for him especially and he doesn't always respond in the best way. I can't imagine how hard this is for him.

No comments: