Friday, February 29, 2008

Currently Reading
I Really Want to Change... So, Help Me God
By James MacDonald
see related

Jasper Speaks:


This week's memory verse comes from 2 Timothy 3:16: "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof and for instruction in righteousness that the man of God may be perfect thoroughly equipped for every good work". What a great verse! I memorized this one a LONG time ago when I was a summer missionary in Kern County, California. I had just completed my freshman year of college and boy was I green. God taught me a lot during that summer. I was so young spiritually. I was just learning the ropes and made a lot of blunders a long the way. So, whenever I hear this verse I am thrust back to my twenty year old self and I have to thank the Lord for how far I have come!

Bit this verse really is so mighty on its own. It amazes me that God cared enough to give us His very words. He created us but nothing forced Him to communicate with us. He chose to do that. He chose a lot of broken, ordinary people to take down His very words and share His thoughts. The creator communicated with His creation.

It is hard for me to understand people who do not believe that the Bible is errorfree. The God who put the sun in the sky and makes the waves crash into the shore, spoke to men and told us what we needed to know. His Word promises us that it is all we need for life and Godliness. If that is true, surely he was careful to give his exact words to these men and not make mistakes. This verse not only reminds us that God brought His Word to us but assures us that it will equip us to do whatever He asks. I don't always live like I have the power to do anything He wants, but this verse reminds me that I do.

So, a young Jasper and the visual of God breathing words into the life of people. I think that makes for a very good verse. I pray that as we commit it to memory. we will live it out in our lives.

BTW --- We home shopped last night and may have found "the" place. Please be in prayer that all goes well. I have felt this way before and --- nope.

No comments: