Friday, February 08, 2008

Jasper Speaks:

Last night a deranged man went on a killing spree in a nearby community to us. He killed five people and wounded more. He went into a city council meeting claiming he wanted to get justice. He is now dead. What kind of society do we live in? I am appalled by this. What is even MORE disturbing is that people are justifying what he did. They are claiming that he was so harassed by the cops in the town that he HAD to do this! What kind of CRAZY world have we created. HE KILLED INNOCENT PEOPLE! I am just overwhelmed. I cannot even continue to read people's comments trying to turn this into a race issue and trying to justify murder. I am beside myself. When is taking another human life EVER okay? This has been all over the national news.

Here is a link to the story of the shooting:
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/stlouiscitycounty/story/DF9F175C2F225844862573E9001BDB9A?OpenDocument

Here is a link to a local message board where the fight of whether this is right or wrong:

http://www.kmov.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=54&start=30

I just can't believe this! How sad.

On the house hunt front, we didn't find anything last night that jumped out at us. There is one strong possibility but I think we are going to look at more on Saturday. Please keep praying that God would lead us to the right place soon.

No comments: