Friday, March 21, 2008

Currently Watching
The Passion of the Christ (Widescreen Edition)
By James Caviezel, Maia Morgenstern, Christo Jivkov, Francesco De Vito, Monica Bellucci
see related
Jasper Speaks:

It has become my yearly tradition to watch The Passion of the Christ on Good Friday every year. I have seen the movie several times before but the scourging scene especially still disturbs me. The pain Christ endured for me is beyond comprehension. I always think I am desynthesized from the scenes in the movie ... until I see it again. I can take it in small spurts, but watching it from beginning to end, still makes me want to shout, "JUST STOP ALREADY!" I get haunted by the question, "Why would anyone do that for me?" It is a question where the answer remains silent. Only God knows why.

Tonight, I also found the scenes of Mary seeing Jesus through the eyes of a parent particular hard to take. Now that Jackson is in my life, all I want to do is protect him from pain. I found it hard to watch her, watch him. Today is a solemn day for a reason. The unanswerable question was put forth that day. Why? The only answer I can seem to come up with seems so hard to understand: GRACE.

BTW: Wednesday was the one year anniversary of Jackson coming to live with us! Because of church and Parkway schools being on spring break LAST week, I didn't get to see him at all that day. It made me a little sad. But my BEAUTIFUL wife took this video to commemorate the day and let me share in it a little.








1 comment:

QueenTracy said...

Have I mentioned today how much I totally love the fact that I can read the text on your blog now? *smiling* Happy Good Saturday.