Sunday, March 09, 2008

Jasper Speaks:

Today in church we sang a lot of songs about God's grace. As I reflect on my day, I am basking in that very thing. I look back over the past three and a half years of our lives and I am blown away at all God has taught us. Patience may be at the top of the list. I think it is second only to trusting God's plan. So many times I have wanted to hurry the spirit along. I longed to be back in full-time ministry so much that there were many near misses before God brought me to His planned end. I am humbled that He continued to use me over these past few years in spite of my own weaknesses.

Today, my church felt led to call me as their permanent Youth Pastor. In that act I feel unworthy. In that act I feel overwhelmed by the wonderful grace of Jesus. It is truly greater than all my sins. I am excited and nervous to see where this path will take us. I have learned throughout this process to do my best to trust the Lord and just live a holy life before Him.

There is a bittersweet side to this. I miss my mom. How I wish I could hear her shout, "Well praise the Lord!" That was her usual response to any good news I gave her. I can almost hear her rejoicing in my head. I know she is happy for me. I just wish I could talk to her about it.

So, a new chapter begins in my life. One more quarter of school and then I go full-time in June. I am humbled to be used in an incredible church by an incredible God. His grace is enough for me.

No comments: