Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Currently Watching
Secondhand Lions







Jasper Speaks:


From time to time I am completely overwhelmed with the fact that God uses me in ministry. I am a broken, sinful man and He still wants to use me. So often I fail and God raises me up to be used by Him again. He is constantly reminding me that it is all about Him and not me.

I think it is healthy to feel unworthy. I think when we start to feel we deserve any of the things God has given us, we are in danger of a major screw up. Do you ever really feel how far from God we are --- how far we miss the mark? Sometimes even when I think I am doing my best, I am failing miserably. Still, God uses me in remarkable ways. I stand in awe of that.

I am a little drowsy today. Sometimes I get these massive cramps in my thighs ands I was up battling them last night quite a bit. The pain is overwhelming and there isn't really any way to stretch it out. I couldn't believe the pain. I wish I knew what caused it and REALLY wish I knew how to make it go away.

I am teaching on tithing tonight. This is always a cumbersome task. God has taught me a lot about giving to Him. In the end it is all His and not mine anyway. I pray I can communicate that in a godly way.

We had our friend Michelle over for dinner last night. It was very fun to eat with her and watch American Idol together. Pray for her. She is taking a leap of faith and quit her job today. I have been there and it is not easy. I pray that something will come along for her soon.

No comments: