Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Jasper Speaks:

One of the hardest things for me is to manage my time in a work day. I try but I can be so undisciplined! A few weeks ago I began keeping track of my tasks in Outlook. I did really well the whole week. Then I crashed and burned and didn't enter in a new group of tasks. So I have a wonderful list of things that have been marked through to make me feel like I am accomplishing something when I am not.

This has been a lifelong problem. I have struggled with it for years. Even in Kindergarten I would get an N (for needs improvement) on my report card for the space marked "Uses Time Wisely". UG! So, today, I did a lot but accomplished a paltry sum. I need to take my sermon for tomorrow night home to work on it tonight. Kendra will be at handbell practice so after Jackson goes to sleeep I will have some time.

I think it is funny that people write time management books. If I can't manage my time well already, how am I supposed to fit reading a book on time management into my day? So, as I sit in my office with about sixteen minutes left of the work day, I am again procrastinating and blogging instead of working. So, I guess I haven't changed much since Kindergarten afterall.

1 comment:

QueenTracy said...

Yes, you are sinful.