Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Jasper Speaks:

God is really moving in our ministry right now. Since the beginning of the school year we have been having a lot of guests. Like tonight, we had about ten visitors and they are all seekers. I am finding that I need to clearly share the gospel every week. Tonight especially I felt compelled to outline the plan of salvation. Then we had a kid ask a great question about baptism that really seemed to get people thinking. It is amazing what God can do when we are forced off script and let Him guide the message on the spot. Although I wouldn't recommend this on a regular basis, when the Spirit leads however, you should let Him move in the moment.

After the service one of the visitors, Ashley, came up to me and we started talking about baptism. We ended up talking and discussing what baptism is and what needs to proceed it. After talking for a few minutes it was amazing to see where the Lord had been taking her. As we continued the conversation I was able to lead her to the Lord. It is awesome! She is our third salvation of the school year. It is awesome to see God moving.

Also, we are seeing some real depth to our students. Tonight during our testimony times that we call God Stories, it was great to hear how God is using our students in their world. Also, one of our kids is making major sacrifices to do what He feels God wants of Him. Sometimes it hurts, but he is trying to understand and pursue His will.

I am humbled that He wants to use me. It is great to be on this end of all He is doing. I am waiting to see what is ahead. We have at least five students waiting to be baptized. I am excited to wait as He continues to work. Go God!

No comments: