Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Jasper Speaks:

One LAST political post here today. I want to go on record to say that I am saddened with the outcome of the election (which surprises no one I am sure). Still, there is one GIANT good thing I see. I think America has broken through a HUGE barrier by electing a bi-racial man to the office of President. When I woke Jackson up this morning I held him close and said, "You will never know life where there has been no man of color as the President of the United States". I pray that this will open doors for my child. I pray that he will not be held back by small minded people.

Do I wish this breakthrough would have come from another person? Probably. However, I do understand the significance of this moment in our country. I can really say to my son today, "you can be ANYTHING you want to be". That is a great thing that has come from this.

I am done being political (for now) .

No comments: