Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Jasper Speaks:

I cannot believe that this year is almost over. Tonight was our last Reality Check of the year. Next week is our Christmas Party. It has been a good year. I think the kids have really been growing. We have seen kids saved. In this year I have gone from being a part-time interim Youth Pastor to a full-time Youth Pastor again. I have loved being back in the full-time game. I love affecting lives for Jesus. I love the flexible schedule. I love that Kendra has been able to stay at home. God has been so great to us.

I miss my mom today. My family is having struggles. She would not approve. I miss hearing her voice. I miss talking to her. I wish I could just have another conversation with her. I mean I know all the right answers. She is in Heaven. She is without pain. We will be together again. Still, I have an ache inside that is full of missing her. I cannot believe it has been nearly eleven months since she passed away.

I am not trying to be a downer here. Life is good. I have a beautiful wife. I have the greatest kid in the world. I have a dad who loves Jesus and me. I have a sister who is my best friend. I have another sister who is so tenderhearted it almost hurts. I have nieces and nephews who are funny and good to be around. I have many, many friends. God is so good to me.

I am rejoicing that God has a plan. Trusting in the plan. I am ready to shout about Christmas as I am full of excitement, treasuring all that He has done for me in my heart, ready to tell others and ready to live the call.

So, yes, I am a bit manic depressive these days. But I know God is good and I have joy in that.

No comments: