Friday, March 27, 2009

Jasper Speaks

I am listening to my seminary class online while trying to do some other things. I enrolled in this course in order to see if I could finish my Master's degree. I wanted to "prepare" for life after student ministry. The class has been less than impressive. I am trying to figure out if God is speaking to me through my frustrations. Maybe I don't need to finish. I just started a long time ago and it has always been that undone thing hanging over my head. Sigh.

So, how do you know how to prepare? If I don't work toward finishing am I limiting what I can do next? I think I would like to teach student ministry classes at the college level some day and I will need a master's to make that a possibility. I also think I would love to be an Associate Pastor of Discipleship somewhere. We will see what God wants.

None of this is like next week or something. I am planning on doing Student Ministry at the local church as long as I can. It is what I love. As I was reminded last night when seven kids stopped by my house unannounced and it was fun! So, I am just trying to prepare for rain but am not yet sure there are even clouds in the sky.

No comments: