Friday, April 24, 2009

Jasper Speaks:

Reality Check went better than I was thinking it would this week. I hadn't had much time to work on the sermon. I had been stewing the outline all week but I hadn't gotten much down. God came through again in the end and it all went well.

I was up until 2:30 AM finishing my research paper for my seminary class before we leave for the cruise tonight. I am a bit bushed but it is nice to know that it is done. I think it is a decent paper. The professor was pretty confusing about what he wanted and that didn't help. This confusion has been characteristic of the class as a whole.

I am not looking forward to not seeing Jackson for ten days. He is realizing something is up. I think he knows we are leaving him. He was very crabby and clingy today. It breaks my heart. Kendra has to deal with it all on her own as I am at work. Poor little guy. Although he will be spending about half of the time we are gone with my sister who spoils him to death. He might not want us back.

My dad thinks he has a girlfriend. I mean they have only had one date and the second time he went to see her, he forgot where she lived so I am not afraid I am going to come back and have a new step mom. It is just weird to think of him with anyone other than my mom. It is also hard to believe it has been almost a year and a half since her death. I miss her everyday. A couple of weeks ago I had a dream with her in it. She told me she would see me in two weeks. So, if I die as a result of going on the cruise, she warned me. LOL!

So, there will be at least an eleven day silence here. When I get back there will be much to do. I am overwhelmed. God is good and he will get me through.


Here is the outline I used this week in Reality Check:

I’m Lovin’ It
A Look at Philippians

Week Two: Getting Joy

Last Week:

Paul wrote Philippians from PRISON

The theme of Philippians is JOY in life

There is a difference between HAPPINESS and JOY

To Get Joy You Need:

JesusAttitude

Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: Philippians 2:5

Other’s First Mentality

Who, being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
but made himself nothing,
taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
and became obedient to death—
even death on a cross!
Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name,
that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.

Philippians 2:6-11

Your Needs Last

Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. Philippians 2:3-4

Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe. Philippians 2:14-15

Jesus’ Attitude +

Others first mentality+

Your needs last =
JOY




No comments: