Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Jasper Speaks:

This week at Reality Check we started a new series called: I'm Lovin' It: A Look at Philippians.

Here is the outline I used:

I’m Lovin’ It
A Look at Philippians

Week One: I’ve Got JOY

Paul wrote Philippians from PRISON

The theme of Philippians is JOY in life

There is a difference between HAPPINESS and JOY

Three Things To Be Lovin’

1. Lovin’ that God is working on YOU

I thank my God in all my remembrance of you; always in every prayer of mine for you all making my prayer with joy, because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now. And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. Philippians 1:3-6

2. Lovin’ LIFE

For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. If I am to live in the flesh, that means fruitful labor for me. Yet which I shall choose I cannot tell. I am hard pressed between the two. My desire is to depart and be with Christ, for that is far better. But to remain in the flesh is more necessary on your account. Philippians 1:21-24

3. Lovin’ to SUFFER
Only let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one mind striving side by side for the faith of the gospel, and not frightened in anything by your opponents. This is a clear sign to them of their destruction, but of your salvation, and that from God. For it has been granted to you that for the sake of Christ you should not only believe in him but also suffer for his sake, engaged in the same conflict that you saw I had and now hear that I still have. Philippians 1:27-30

“Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. “Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you. Matthew 5:10-12





I think it went well. I had a talk with one student afterwards who has been having a hard time. The message seemed to help.

It is one of those weight of the world times in my ministry. So much hurt in people's lives. I have a situation I have to confront that I don't want to. Sin complicates everything. I am starting down the confrontational path tomorrow. It could get very ugly before it is all done. That makes me sad and concerned. I am trying to pray about how GOd would have me deal with this. I would appreciate your prayers too.

No comments: