Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Jasper Speaks:

I am at the Lifeway National Youth Workers Conference right now. I have to say I was a bit skeptical about coming. Last year, I got frustrated with the people I went with. They were a bunch of Youth Pastors who acted like seventh graders the whole time. When offered to come with them again I was hesitent but decided to do it because it was a good price and in spite of the goofiness last year, I did make some good networking relationships.

I am glad I came. yesterday was day one and God already is moving in my spirit. I am challenged in my thinking about parents. Also, Steven Curtis Chapman said something last night that really spoke to me in my frustrations with student ministry. He said that one of the reasons he got through his horrible year was because a Youth Pastor laid the groundwork for his faith.

I must remember it is a marathon not a sprint. Looking foreward to what god will show me today.

No comments: