Thursday, December 17, 2009

Jasper Speaks:

So another Christmas party is in the history books. I am a little sad as I reflect on our night. We had fun. Lots of fun. Still, in the end I feel like the fun trumped the savior. I want our ministry to be about Christ. I want Him to always be the center of all we do. Tonight I felt a bit like He was tacked on at the end. I long to disciple REAL followers of Christ.

Sometimes I get frustrated with teens. I want them to get when the fun stops and the seriousness begins. I have to remind myself of two things. One, they are VERY young. Two, as the leader, I set the tone. Sometimes I am better reminding myself of the former than the latter.

We had fun. Still I am sitting here asking myself, "what if we had made tonight a worship service and not so much a party".

No comments: