Saturday, February 20, 2010


Jasper Speaks:

It is hard to believe how much hurt is in our students' lives. We have students dealing with divorce, death of parents, death of siblings, suicide, illness, inadequacy issues, cutting, verbal, physical and sexual abuse, homosexuality, lust and the list can just go on and on. It is so overwhelming. The series we are currently doing confronts those hurts and asks students to drop their masks and be real. They are starting to do that. I am praying that we will have godly wisdom and help them move past these things. I want us to help them embrace the grace of God.

At times like this I feel less than wise. I know that Christ is the answer. I struggle with just how to relate that to them where they are. The amazing thing is, our God is faithful. I don't have to have the words to say. The Spirit speaks for me. So often I have no idea what I can do to salve the wounds of our students, the Spirit comes and gifts me with what He knows they need to hear.

I would ask that you would pray for us. The lies of the enemy are being broken down. Please pray that we, as leaders, will be sensitive to the Holy Spirit as He tells us what word these hurting hearts need to hear.

When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.
Psalm 34:17


No comments: