Friday, February 26, 2010


Looking Back
Speaking In Celebration of Post #700


Jasper Speaks:


So, I have been keeping a blog for about 7 years now. Some years have been more prolific than others. There have been many things that have happened over that time. Leaving ministries, losing parents, celebrating return to ministry, becoming a father. as I have read back over many of the previous 699 entries and am overwhelmed by the grace God has shown us. There are some particularly difficult memories but it is humbling to see how God's plan has worked out over this time.

Today, I sit in a hotel room in Blue Springs, Missouri. Tomorrow I will lead a training sessions for other leaders in my state. How humbling it is to think that five years ago I had stepped away from ministry. God has restored me and is giving more than I ever could have imagined. I am a bit apprehensive. I wonder if I really have anything that can help others. I pray that God will use me. He has before. I trust He will again.

I am reminded of the Truth song that has come to my thoughts so many times:

It's getting harder to remember
Feeling lost and lonely
Because it seems been together for so long
I've been living in the moment
So I never stopped to measure
All the miles that passed the places where we've gone
But when I stop to measure all the ways
Your love has carried me
It doesn't take me very long to see

We have come so far
You have been so good
When I look at all the roads we've traveled
I've got to tell you Lord
I look at where we are
And see where I could have been'
And I need to say again
You've been so good
Who would have guessed that we would come
So far

So true. Oh and BTW I am enjoying watching Blades of Glory instead of the real Olympics right now too! :)

No comments: