Wednesday, March 24, 2010


Who Am I?

Jasper Speaks:


Sometimes there is a struggle in me. I realize it is as ancient as man himself. There are two natures. They both want me to submit to their authority. Sometimes one wins, other times it is the other who is victorious. Sometimes I switch back and forth so much that I have identity issues. I realize that the carnal man wins so often because of my own lethargy. For the spirit man to win it takes action. For the carnal man to win, I can sit and do nothing.

I think the enemy preys on me by convincing me his way is the simple way. It is great proof that status-quo is our sinful nature. It is who we are at our core. Simply put, sinning comes naturally.

I want to fight more. I want to be the man of God He can have me be. But that takes work. That takes commitment. That takes time. I want to be identified as a man of God who chases after the Lord's heart. In the deepest part of me that is my desire. It takes me really chasing. Oh, how I identify with the words of Paul in Romans 7:

For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh.
For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to
carry it out.
For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do
not want is what I keep on doing.
Now if I do what I do not want,
it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me.


So, I ask this morning, who am I? I pray that I can be a man after God's own heart.

*************************************************************************************
Laurie Update of the Day:

She has been on Facebook, studying the Bible with a friend, returning more and more to her old self every day and will probably be moved to a regular room soon. Our miracle girl just keeps on going.

No comments: