So it is 2010. Not sure how I feel about that. I know I learned some things in 2009. Here are a few of those things:
1. Less is definitely not a bad thing in ministry. When you focus on less you get more quality.
2. Family time is important. Guard it.
3. God time is even more important. Guard it.
4. Students still want to be challenged but the challenge is keeping them challenged.
5. Big concerts and events are not the way to reach this generation. Relationships are.
6. People are waiting just to be invited to church.
7. Lives are changed when we invite people to church.
8. Three year olds are great practice for having patience with teenagers.
9. Students are a lot like adults in our churches. We need to help them to not fall into laziness and mediocrity and capitalize on their fresh look at life.
10. Even after 20 years, student ministry is my dream job but I need to see how that looks in the next five to ten years and take steps to prepare for that.