Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My Niece Speaks:

My niece Elizabeth is in college. She is a great kid and I am proud of her. She challenged me today with the following quote:

"God has called me to a life that is more than the one I am living. And it may seem like insanity and it may seem like I’m doing something completely illogical, but that’s kind of the point. It didn’t make sense for Noah to build an ark in a desert, or Joseph to forgive his brothers, or for Jesus to die for no crime, God is kind of in the business of sending people out to do things that don’t make sense to us. It’s all about faith."
- My Niece Elizabeth Rains

Jasper Speaks:

I thought this was challenging and great and needed to be shared. I hope that I am living that kind of life. God does call us to live lives that don't make sense. He uses the foolishness of the world to confound the wise. As my family starts down some tricky roads, it is nice to be reminded that god's ways are not ours.

No comments: