Thursday, September 01, 2011

Notes


Jasper Speaks:

I have a box in my office. It is one of those picture boxes where you can store tons of printed pictures if you are more organized than I. In my box are notes. Not notes from classes or reminders to myself to buy an anniversary present for my wife. They are notes from people, mostly students or parents of students that I have been given through the years. When I am feeling like I am not making much of a difference, I pull this out and am reminded of the privilege of impact that God has let me have.

This week I got a 2011 version of a note, a text message from a college student. It said:

"I just wanted to thank you for being such a great Christian example. It's encouraging to watch you on your walk with God."


It was a pretty simple message but one that encouraged me to keep on. So, I encourage you to get a note box of your own. On those days you are asking yourself, "Why do I keep doing this" you will be reminded that God is using you, one heart at a time.

No comments: