Wednesday, November 07, 2012


Faithful

Jasper Speaks:

On the day of my ordination in 1997, my mom and dad gave me a simple framed print that says, “The Lord is Faithful”. It has become a cherished item for me. It reminds me of my parents and their ever present example of God’s character before me as I grew up. It reminds me that they always trusted that The Lord would provide for our needs. It reminds me that even when life is hard, his faithfulness never fails.
Life is full of uncertainties. We never know what tomorrow holds. Just in the past few months I have witnessed friends discover life threatening illness, death of children, and financial concerns that seem insurmountable. In the midst of life’s struggles, it can be difficult to remember that there is One who never changes and to whom nothing comes as a surprise.

The enemy would have us believe that we are trapped in our circumstances. He wants us to believe that there is no rhyme or reason to the events in our lives. Our God, however, assures us that all things are working together for our good. It is not only the things we understand that He is working together for our good but all things.

This promise is sure as we read His Word:

For he will rescue you from every trap and protect you from deadly disease. He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection. Do not be afraid of the terrors of the night, nor the arrow that flies in the day.
Psalm 91:3-5 (NLT)

Right now, that small print that I received from my parents so long ago is sitting on my desk. It is reminding me today that even though I may not understand all that is happening, He is faithful. I can doubt my circumstances, I can doubt the people around me, I can doubt the weatherman, I can doubt my country’s leaders but in the midst of all these things, the Lord is faithful. Always. That reminder will help me get through the day a bit easier and help me sleep a bit more peacefully tonight. In spite of the worries of the world, I do not have to be concerned, the Lord is faithful. 

No comments: